- a) In the conditions set out below any reference to the company refers to UK DESIGN-BUILD-LIVE (UK DBL) or UK DBL GLAZING and any reference to the Customer refers to the party that has accepted the quotation. b) Any concession, latitude or waiver allowed by the company at any time shall be without prejudice to their strict and full rights under this contract, and shall not prevent the Company subsequently exercising such rights. c) This document includes the whole terms of the agreement and no representation, warranty, statement or undertaking, whether oral or in writing, shall be capable of being treated as forming part of the contract unless the same shall be in writing and signed by both Customer and Director of the Company. d) The Company pursues a policy of continual improvement and development and reserves the right to vary specifications without notice.
- The Customer agrees to allow the Company’s surveyors and installers access to the installation address at reasonable times so that the Company may carry out detailed surveys and complete the installation.
- This agreement is subject to a detailed survey by the Company, and the Company alone may as a result thereof, in its absolute discretion and without ascribing any reason, cancel all or any part of the agreement at any time prior to the installation work commencing.
- i) The Company guarantees the joinery structure (excluding normal timber movement and surface checking) for a period of 10 years from installation, glazing 5 years, paintwork 5 years (with proper care and attention, factory finished joinery will give extended life between decoration coats provided routine maintenance of the finished joinery is maintained and re-decoration cycles are adhered to), building works, ironmongery and electric vent openers 1 year, and no further guarantee, warranty or representation is given as to the products or the installation of them by the Company. ii) No work will be done or materials supplied other than those included in the quotation. iii) The METHOD, meaning the measuring, positioning and fixing of the Company’s products, together with the materials used in the fixing of these products, will be determined by one of the Company’s surveyors prior to installation. The method decided by the aforesaid will be deemed as the Company’s approved method. The Company will accept no other method under any circumstance. iv) The Company will take all reasonable care to carry out the works without causing damage to the Customer’s premises but will not accept liability for redecorating. v) The Company does neither guarantee nor does its agents have authority to represent that condensation can be eliminated, reduced or prevented by the installation of the scheduled products. vi) All glass used shall be of good quality but the Company shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of minor blemishes and imperfections not guaranteed by the glass manufacturers. vii) Plasterboard and 2 coat plaster systems both will exhibit some natural shrinkage cracks. Hairline cracks may appear on the plaster and shrinkage cracks may occur at junctions with other materials. These are part of the natural process of the building and will need to be filled as part of normal re-decoration cycles. They are not construction faults and are not included as part of our guarantee.
- It is hereby agreed and declared that this agreement is neither a hire purchase agreement nor a credit sale agreement.
- Whilst the Company will make every endeavour to install the products on the date or within the period arranged with the Customer, the Company shall in the event of an act of God, inclement weather, strikes, lock outs, non availability of materials or any other matter beyond the control of the Company be entitled to make later installation, and such installation shall be accepted by the Customer, and the Company shall not in such event be liable for any loss whatsoever arising from or consequential upon delay in installation for the aforementioned reasons.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to obtain any necessary planning, listed building or conservation area consents for the works and the Customer shall promptly notify the Company if the premises are, or become, listed. The Company can apply for the necessary consents for the work upon agreement with the Customer. The Customer shall indemnify the Company against any loss or damage suffered by reason of the Customer’s failure to comply with this provision.
- The Customer shall take all appropriate steps to ensure the safety of any employee of the Company at the premises and the safekeeping of any materials or property of the Company stored at the premises whilst the works are being carried out. The risk in any goods supplied under the agreement shall pass to the customer on arrival at the premises.
- A contract is deemed completed when all the itemised products stated on the contract have been installed. Any minor items found to be faulty at the time of completion (i.e. sealed units, handles, hinges etc) will be speedily replaced under your guarantee. These defects, if any, cannot render the contract as incomplete. Therefore full payment of outstanding accounts is to be paid as per the conditions of the contract.
- a) The balance payable on completion referred to in the agreed quotation shall be paid to the Company upon delivery of the joinery or upon fixing of the installation being completed where fixing is part of the contract. The customer shall not be entitled to withhold payment by reason of any alleged minor defect. The company will investigate any alleged defect after payment in full or the balance payable on completion. b) For the purpose of this clause and this agreement “delivery” means the date of the delivery of the products to the installation address. c) If payment is not made by the Customer within seven days of the date interest shall then accrue on the amount of payment outstanding from the expiry of the seven day period to the date of actual payment at the rate of 2% per month accruing day by day. All legal costs and expenses reasonably incurred by the Company in seeking to collect overdue invoices from the customer or otherwise to enforce its rights under these terms and conditions will be recoverable from the customer on an indemnity basis.
- The customer shall be at liberty to cancel this agreement during a period of up to seven days from the date the order is given and the deposit paid and upon any such cancellation the deposit will be refunded to the customer, less any planning application fees that may have already been submitted. The Company reserves the right to rescind the contract upon receipt of an unsatisfactory survey from its surveyor.
- This agreement may not be amended or varied except by an agreement in writing between the parties under the hand of an authorised officer of the company and the company’s servants or agents have no authority to orally modify, waive or vary, expressed or implied any of the terms of the contract or to make any representations as to their effect. It must be understood that variations of the contract may result in alterations to the contract price.
- We strive to provide a first-class service to all our customers. However, there may be an occasion when you are not happy with the service that you have received. If you have any queries, suggestions or complaints:
- In the first instance, if you wish to complain about our services, please speak to a member of staff who will try to sort things out for you directly, or will put you in touch with someone who can help. You can contact us on any of the means identified at the top of this document.
- If you send your complaint by email or post, we will aim to send an initial acknowledgement of receipt of a complaint within 10 working days and a full response to complaints within 21 working days of receipt. If we cannot respond fully within 21 working days, we will keep you informed on the progress of our investigation.
- We will try to put things right the first time, but if you are not satisfied with the way your complaint is handled and wish to take the matter further you may apply to the Competent Person Scheme below with who we are a member. They will carry out an independent investigation of your complaint. Please write to the following address or use the telephone or email details below;
Certass Ltd, PO Box 26332, Ayr; 01292 292099 info@CERTASS.CO.UK